Overview: Vivoom Campaign Promotional Guidelines
This overview will give you a high-level perspective on the promotional guidelines we recommend based on Vivoom Campaign Best Practices. Adhering to best practices helps to ensure your brand's campaign execution is successful in reaching and engaging users.
SETTING CAMPAIGN GOALS
Prior to launching with Vivoom it is important to identify what the overall goals are for your campaign. Identifying performance metrics of success upfront can help inform the promotional process. Some example metrics are:
- Content Creation - # Videos Created
- Video Views - (Number, % viewed to completion)
- Content Conversion - Viewer clicks on calls-to-action
- Content Engagement - Social interaction with co-created videos
- Other - Your brand specific metrics
IDENTIFYING OPTIMAL CHANNELs
The ideal Vivoom promotion strategy is unique for each brand and should work within the existing channels of communication your fans already use to engage with your brand such as: Email, Social Media, In Venue, Broadcast, and Packaging. The amount of videos created with Vivoom is a direct product of the amount of fan interaction with your channel and the number of people exposed to the Vivoom campaign.
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE PROMOTIONAL PLAN
When planning your promotional calendar, it is a best practice to plan well in advance, to have the most comprehensive strategy. Integrate the campaign activation within as many of the promotions as possible for the broadest exposure. Some campaign types require less pre-promotion, while some channels may require more advanced planning. Once your optimal channels have been identified, it is crucial to line up the promotional calendar.
KEY PROMOTIONAL ELEMENTs
While the most important element of all promotional materials is that they are authentic to your brand voice and are how your fans want to be communicated with, there are unique elements to a Vivoom campaign that can increase your chances of having the best co-creation campaign possible. These elements are:
Campaign Activation Types
- Brand website
- Social (Link w/in Pinned Post)
- Re-targeted social post
- Product Packaging (URL and/or QR code)
- Live Event
- Within Product
- Brand App or Third Party
- Influencer Integration
- For a campaign based on the mobile web experience, each campaign will have a link. In campaigns with multiple creatives, brands are given the choice to create a unique url per creative or one central url with creative options displayed once users enter the experiences.
- Best practices suggest that your unique url should only callout your brand. Ex: www.yourbrand/video-contest
Reason to Shoot
Inspire fans to shoot their videos by giving them a clear reason to shoot and examples in the promotion whenever possible. This helps ensure the ideal style content is created and fans feel it is easy and are excited to create videos. Seed Videos prior to the campaign start from Influencers can help inspire video creation.
Reason to Share
To activate the social sharing of campaign videos offer an incentive or perk that is relevant and meaningful to your fans, your brand and the campaign. This can range from social currency to physical rewards depending on what excites your fans. Tie great incentives to the videos with the highest views to help drive sharing content.
- Hashtags on shared content
- Timing of campaign
- Relevant information for fans that want to participate.
As content is created through the campaign it can be re-published and promoted to your fans based on your campaign frequency, and should contain all the same best practice elements above to continue to drive campaign participation.